Thursday, January 29, 2009

Did I miss something? Are we really a nation that embraces the "Snuggie?"

Has it really come to this, America? Are we now a country so lazy and so dedicated to personal comfort that we will gladly wear something that makes us look like an extra in "Eyes Wide Shut?"

I could only be talking about one thing: the unholy union of gothic robe and gluttonous fabric monster that has become a national sensation...Snuggies.

Really? Honestly? Come on, your pulling my leg with your arm that never has to leave the warm comfort of that outrageously large blankie.

Really, USA Today? You, too? My God they've gotten to the media already!
http://www.usatoday.com/life/lifestyle/2009-01-27-snuggie_N.htm

The Snuggie offers this (from what I can tell, and please correct me wherever you may see an error): A giant blanket with holes for your head and arms.

In short, its a huge blanket with holes in it. And people are forking over money with huge grins as they dream of being able to take a sip of coffee while not having any of their bare arm exposed to the cold....of their homes.

Now I know the promise of two giant blankets filled with holes AND a nighlight for the bargain basement price of $19.95 sounds great, but think about what this means. What this means, gentle reader, is that someday, someday soon, one unemployed fellow will rise with the noon news, opt not to shower and look at his Snuggie and say, "I could wear that thing outside! It can be a coat, too!"

And that's when the world as we know it will end, my friends. Those donning sweatpants every day will take over, and the rational people, like you and I, will end up living in caves (dressed in smart attire and covered in reasonably sized blankets) banished from the world we once knew. Now don't get me wrong, we'll take over later that afternoon when all the Snugg-sters take a little nap in their full body suit of comfort, but it will be hell for at least a few hours.

Be warned. And when you see someone sporting one of these blanket demons as they wheel around a grocery cart, their beedy eyes fixed on the 10,000 varieties of Doritos that are now available, don't say I didn't tell you.

BDF

No comments:

Post a Comment